This was stated by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, European Truth reports, citing a statement published by the State Department.
Blinken noted that, on behalf of President Joe Biden, he agrees to the allocation of a military assistance package for Ukraine on August 26, 2021.
The $400 million package includes additional weapons, ammunition and air defenses from the US Department of Defense stockpiles, the head of US diplomacy added.
The Pentagon later detailed that the package included:
• Additional ammunition for NASAMS;
• 150 heavy machine guns with thermal imaging sights to counter unmanned aircraft systems;
• Additional ammunition for highly mobile rocket artillery systems (HIMARS);
• 200 high-precision artillery shells of 155 mm caliber;
• 10 thousand 120 mm mortar shells;
• High-velocity anti-radar missiles (HARM);
• 150 highly mobile multipurpose wheeled vehicles (HMMWV);
• More than 100 light tactical vehicles;
• More than 20 million cartridges for small arms;
• More than 200 generators;
• Spare parts for 105mm howitzers and other equipment.
Thus, the total US military assistance to Ukraine will reach $19.7 billion since the start of the Joe Biden administration.
On November 23, US President Joe Biden instructed the State Department to provide Ukraine with $400 million in military assistance.
Blinken promised that the United States will continue to support Ukraine against the backdrop of Russian rocket attacks.